The Human Rights Film Festival is coming to Donosti in April 2015
This year, San Sebastian will be celebrating the 13th edition of the Human Rights Film Festival, from April 17th to April 24th, 2015. This exhibition, growing a bit more every year, aims at passing social values such as respect, solidarity, tolerance and diversity to the public. Perhaps staying at our hotel in San Sebastian during these dates could be a good and different idea to enjoy one of the short films that will be shown during the festival.
In spite of the multitude coming from the Semana Santa and with the spring season around the corner, San Sebastian is an interesting destination to visit during the second half of April.
If you are planning on being around during this period , surprise your companions with this attractive initiative. Moreover, if you will be traveling with children the exhibition has dedicated a special area for them. Find the key elements of this 13th edition:
Image Cortesy of www.cineyderechoshumanos.com
- The Human Rights Film Festival was created in order to help the locals developing a critical point of view towards the infringement of the Human Rights happening around the World. At the same time, the aim is to teach them values of community, togetherness, solidarity, justice and freedom, etc.
- During the festival, a couple of short films, connected to the major Human Rights themes of the year, will be shown as well.
- The 13th festival has received 772 short films, all of them aspiring on participating in the Short Films International Contest. From this selection, only twenty works of art will be rewarded by the Youth Jury of the Festival.
- The themes of the audiovisual works of art are very different, they come from the 5 continents as well as from prestigious film festivals celebrated internationally.
- A jury composed with youngsters will give out the Youth Award for the Best Short Movie with a reward of 3.000 euros; finally, to achieve its concession: sensibilisation criterias regarding the Human Rights and the cinematographic quality of these film works, will be valued.
- The 13th edition of the festival will show three movies for children. They will be shown during the morning session for only 1euro. First of all, “Yugo eta Lala” (on April 16th, 17th and 20th) is about a wonderful adventure in the clouds, home of cute animals; then, will follow the movie “Ernest eta Celestine” (on April 21st, 22nd and 23rd) presenting a true friendship despite their differences; and finally “Five days to dance” (on April 24th) introducing dancing as a way to create a common language.
- The cinematographic projections will be shown at Teatro Victoria Eugenia.
If you still haven’t checked the agenda, we recommend you to have a look at the website of the festival where you will find all the news regarding the event. You and your companions will for sure enjoy this original plan and it will not leave you indifferent. At the end, as always and as it is a tradition in Donosti, you will get the chance to enjoy some pintxos while commenting the movies.
Enjoy your stay at our hotel in San Sebastian!
I hope you enjoy an unforgettable stay at the Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra.
Do not hesitate to contact our staff if you require any information.
Elena Estomba Garín
General Manager Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra