Accessible hotel rooms
The Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra has been adapting its model of accommodation to the needs of all customers building up six rooms easily accessible to people with disabilities. In April 2012, through the pilot project "hotelforall" we could create a special room equipped with the latest hotel technologies at the forefront in terms of accessibility, creating "room for all". In this hotel suite the customer can control, through a tablet device, facilities such as lighting, air conditioning, curtains, blinds and doors. All space and equipment are designed to ensure full accessibility to all people regardless of their abilities. A room for all to enjoy a great stay in San Sebastian, Basque Country...Features accessible rooms (5 rooms of this type):
- Accessible rooms are subject to the higher legal standards in the field of accessibility. Equipped with shower and tub, special wide doors, steering angles and special height of furnitures.
- Easy-access furnitures: wardrobe, bed, tables, desk.
- Grab Bars in the bathroom.
- Elements of signage: braille signage explaining the functions of switches, ringing and bright doorbell.
- Automatic doors with switch control.
- Tablet device that allows control of the facilities, consult information and access to digital services to track client's health.